Hair removal can be a tricky business. If you are tired of tweezing, waxing and bleaching, laser hair removal is a permanent solution. However there are dangers of laser hair removal to consider, like laser hair removal side effects. There are many factors to consider before thinking about this process, like laser hair removal and pregnancy, or laser hair removal dark skin treatments, because dark skin can be damaged by the laser. Ingrown hair removal can be excruciatingly painful as well. Before signing up for laser hair removal, read our top 5 laser hair removal side effects list:
1. One of the most common laser hair removal side effects is pain. The pain can be very short lived, just something you endure while the treatment is being administered or if your pain threshold is low, this might be a very hard process for you. Even though most laser hair removal centers offer what they claim to be a pain-free laser, you will most likely still feel a mild zapping sensation. You should ask for a small area of your skin to be tested so that you know how this will feel as the hair removal proceeds. Another option is to ask your doctor to numb the area to be treated to lessen pain side effects.
2. If you do experience intense pain from the removal process, additional laser hair removal side effects include tenderness or swelling. This can last for a few days and will require ice packs and patience as your skin returns to normal.
3. Laser hair removal can create skin discoloration. The darker your skin tones, the more chance this has of happening.
4. Scarring is a severe side effect of laser hair removal. The laser can cause the skin to blister and possibly scar.
5. Laser hair removal can also cause changes in the structure of your hair, or the structure of your skin. While laser hair removal from someone new to the profession can certainly increase your chances of these side effects, very well trained technicians can also make mistakes, or miscalculate your skin type.