Some people who have oily hair complain that no matter how often they wash hair, it still looks greasy and limp mere hours after a wash. The first thing you may try is a shampoo for oily hair. If this does not work, you may want to find other ways of hair management. There are many oily hair remedies that can be done easily at home with items that you probably have around the house already. Below is a list of the top 10 oily hair remedies at home:
1. Lemon juice is one of the best oily hair remedies and is great for reducing the amount of oil in your hair. It is also used many times as a best hair treatment for damaged hair. Simply dilute some strained lemon juice with water and apply to your hair. The acid will get rid of most of the oil in your hair.
2. Make your own shampoo. Use about one cup of a mild shampoo and add aloe vera gel and one tablespoon of lemon juice. Blend well and wash your hair. Be sure to rinse thoroughly.
3. If you are in a hurry and your hair is looking very oily, you can sprinkle a little baby powder or baking soda onto your scalp. Let it sit for about five minutes and comb through your hair. The powder will absorb the oil, making your hair look like you have just washed it.
4. Mix together equal parts of mouthwash and witch hazel. Rinse your scalp with the solution.
5. Another of the great damaged hair home remedies is to use tea tree oil and mix a few drops in your favorite shampoo. Tea tree oil helps control fungus overgrowth that oil hair is susceptible to contributing to less greasy and healthier hair.
6. Brew some tea, let cool and rinse through your hair.
7. Add about two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to water. Wash your hair and soak it in the solution before rinsing completely.
8. Shampoo your hair with your normal product and apply beer to the scalp and hair. Let it sit for about thirty minutes before rinsing with warm water.
9. Form a paste with baking soda and water. Rub the mixture into your hair. Let it sit for about three minutes before rinsing with warm water.
10. Mix green gram flour (you can find this in your local Indian grocery store) with water to form a runny paste. Massage this into the scalp and hair. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
If these basic oily hair remedies don’t work for you, you can check your local drug store or salon for an oily hair treatment that you can purchase.