When treating hair thinning, companies are making millions on pills, surgeries, hair transplants and other “miracle” hair loss products. The main ingredients the FDA use are usually Minoxidil (commonly sold as Rogaine drug) and Finasteride (found in Propecia drug). Studies are never accurate however, and scientists do not always take long term side effects into account. We step in with a few herbal alternatives, and compare them to essential oil alternatives, in the battle for the best natural hair loss products.
Here we take a look at some of the natural hair loss products and some herbal hair loss treatment options that are believed to reduce the rate of hair loss and at the same time stimulate new hair growth:
1. From oils for hair growth, Jojoba Oil , from California and Mexico was used in history by the Native people when only natural hair loss products ruled the land. They used it to moisturize hair. The oil has similar molecule structures to the human scalp. This oil can be bought in herbal shops. This oil is also great for sensitive scalps because it is not irritating.
2. The plant aloe Vera’s gel is used to heal inflamed scalps and re- balance the acidity of the skin. The scalp is also more moisturized, and it makes for a good conditioner for the hair. The Aloe Vera is also a growth stimulant.
3. Peppermint oil works by massage and it also encourages growth because of the tingle the scalp gets. The oil should be mixed first, for example with almond or jojoba oil. There are no harmful side effects, which is great.
4. The saw palmetto hair loss herb is also an ancient remedy and it is a berry which is then made into powder. The berry helps with male pattern baldness and excess DHT within the body. It is one of the top in natural hair loss products because of the DHT slowing.
5. Lavender Oil, coming from worldwide cultivation plants, is helpful with its anti bacterial properties. It also calms the scalp and rids of infection. The oil adds a protective sheet of volume around each hair follicle. It is best blended as a mix with olive oil and then left on overnight for an oily mask. A lavender water rinse is also useful as the final touch of shine for hair.
6. Dong Quai herb (Angelica) is a herb that contains phytoestrogens, which reduce the creation of the DHT hormone and can help prevent more hair loss. As we can see, chemical drug companies have some competition from their ancestors: the natural hair loss products of olden times.
7. Ginkgo Biloba is a herb which also helps with blood circulation to the brain or skin surface. This is why the belief exists that increase of flow to the scalp will bring more food for the hair follicles and help regrow hair.
8. He shou Wu herb. This is an old Chinese herb. It has many intake formats, tea or pills. The US botanical council tested it for hair loss, and this herb can also restore hair and hair color, and even terminal hair has potential to grow better and not come out fine anymore.
There are so many secrets still to be unveiled about the Eastern and ancient medicines. So many books and information if only we step beyond the easy quick money- churning media and turn our ears and eyes onto old tried and true remedies. There are rarely any side effects so you got nothing to lose when trying one of these natural hair loss products or a few!